Taylored Life

To keep people informed of what the family has been up to...

JDT Birthday TickerAMT Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 05, 2009


Jackson has it. He was sent home from daycare on Thursday with a 102 fever. Thursday night it was 103 and Friday morning, 104! Tylenol helped to get it down a bit but I went ahead and took him to the doctor. We hadn't seen any other major symptoms and the doctor wasn't sure what the cause might be but she said that at his age, they want to find the cause for such a high fever.

So, 4 hours later, Jackson and I had been to the lab for them to take blood and the hospital for chest x-rays. They took blood from his arm using a tourniquet and needle like with adults. and the x-rays required a device that held him still and his arms above his head. Clearly, these where not pleasant experiences for either of us. Anyway, the x-rays showed pneumonia so we are now administering antibiotics and dealing with difficult eating and sleeping. Please, keep Jackson in your prayers and hopefully he will be better soon.

In other news, I finished the garage construction this morning and will be moving on to the patio cover and gates soon.

Labels: , , ,


Anonymous kammy said...

oh my goodness! prayers for rest & healing are headed your way...

April 5, 2009 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep us posted.
Dad Taylor

April 5, 2009 9:31 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Feel better, Jackson! Praying fro you guys - poor kid. Love the pix and great job on the garage! E, our recent pix are from our friend photographer, but maybe with a new camera we can become as good she is(and you guys are!) Sorry for not keeping up well lately - busy month! Looks the same for you!

April 7, 2009 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Hide Comments

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Garage Project

Everyone will be happy to know Jackson is drinking well again! Thursday he drank only from a sippy cup at home, but Friday he took the bottle again. He even did well at day care, and he's done well all weekend!

We spent the weekend redoing the siding on our garage with the help of a bunch of great friends. Thank you so much Andrew, Todd, Jeff, Eric, and Zack! Many thanks to the wives (and one fiance) who let their husbands help, kept me company, and helped watch the kiddos. It was a lot of work for two days, but the majority of the work is done.

The bottom of our garage was rotting away, so we decided to replace the siding with Hardie Plank. We originally planned on just paying someone to do it for us, but after receiving a quote for $8000, Ross decided he could take care of it.

It was a learning process for everyone invloved, but they did a great job. The first step was demolition. I think the guys had a little fun with this one. After a very short time, this is what our garage looked like.

Demolition CompleteDemolition Complete

The next step involved stapling roofing felt around the studs. This part was done very quickly.

Roofing Felt Complete

Putting up the Hardie Plank proved to be a challenge, but one they successfully completed today. If you didn't know, you can't simply cut Hardie board with a saw, these guys had to score and break each piece. I think there are expensive tools out there to make this easier, but they didn't have one! By the end of the day Saturday, the guys had completed the Hardie Plank on one of the walls of the garage. Impressive progress for a single day! We did have one minor injury towards the end of the day, but luckily it didn't require a trip to the ER! Here are a few pictures from Saturday.


While Jackson and Quin took a nap, Bekah and I helped a little. Mostly with clean up though.

Bekah Helping

Jackson and Quin spent almost the entire day together playing, and at one point I think there were 6 little ones running around our living room. They seemed to have a blast for the most part.

Quin and Jackson

Today Andrew and his son Nathan (almost 5) came back over and helped finish the job. Nathan helped me take care of Jackson. He was a great entertainer. He could really make Jackson laugh. Later in the day Rhea came over with more entertainers and more help! A family friend of theirs, Zack, helped finish off the Hardie Plank while Rhea and I took the kids to the park down the street. When we returned it was Elena's turn to make Jackson laugh. This time we managed to get a picture.

Elena and Jackson

By the end of day two, this is what our garage looks like.

Hardie Plank Complete

We have a little more work to do, but the hardest part is now done. We just need to put in a few final nails and put up the trim. Then we'll be on to the next project...our patio cover or fence!

Labels: , , , , ,


Blogger brad, kammy, and mason said...

So glad that Jackson is feeling better! The garage looks great... an awesome job by awesome friends! :)

March 30, 2009 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Hide Comments

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Links to Projects Labels

I've been using the Blogger labels for a while now but since I'm moving my projects posts to this blog, I wanted to provide links to the labels on previous posts. That way, if you are looking for posts on a specific topic, you can click on the links below for the older posts.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,