Taylored Life

To keep people informed of what the family has been up to...

JDT Birthday TickerAMT Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 18, 2010

This blog has moved

This blog is now located at http://life.tayloredtruth.com/.
You will be automatically redirected in 30 seconds, or you may click here.

For feed subscribers, please update your feed subscriptions to

Moving Blog

Blogger is eliminating FTP support, so I have to move the blog. It will be moving to http://life.tayloredtruth.com. Blogger will generate an automatic post when the move is complete and will setup forwarding from the old location to the new. I will post again after with updates. If you follow projects only, those posts will now be found at http://life.tayloredtruth.com/search/label/projects. I will update the current life blog feed and projects feed so if you follow the feeds, you shouldn't need to update.

Labels: ,

Audrey is 1 Week Old!

Audrey is already 1 week old! She's close to being back to her birth weight, and is doing really well overall. She's sleeping great during the day, and once we can finally get her down at night, she sleeps well then too. We'll see if that keeps up!

Her big brother loves her so much. He is always excited to come home and see Audrey. Yesterday after he got home, we were giving Audrey a little tummy time on the floor, and Jackson decided to join her. We quickly grabbed the camera so everyone can see what a sweet, loving big brother Jackson is. It melts my heart!

Jackson & AudreyJackson & AudreyJackson & AudreyJackson & Audrey

And here's the proud Daddy with his kiddos.

Jackson & Audrey

As always, there are more pictures in the album

Labels: ,

Cowboy JDT

After school on Tuesday Nana took Jackson to get his first pair of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. As you can imagine with his love of wearing shoes and hats, he was pretty excited! There are more pictures in the album, but here's a cute one, as well as a video.

Cowboy Jackson


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting Settled

Audrey and I were released from the hospital on Friday. We are getting settled at home now, so we have finally posted some pictures for everyone. Here are few of the pics from the hospital and our arrival home. There are more in the album.

AudreyJD, Ross, & AudreyJackson & AudreyE & AudreyThe Taylor FamilyAudrey

I am continuing to recover well. It's a little harder when you were opened up twice I guess, but we've had some wonderful help. We even made it to church this morning. Jackson decided to dress up for the occasion (really his Nana dressed him up ;-)).


Jackson also went for his first bike ride today. He and Ross went right after his nap, so you can't tell how excited he was. He was grinning from ear to ear by the time they got back though!

Jackson preparing for his 1st bike rideJackson & Ross

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Audrey's Delivery from E's Perspective

So I thought I'd share/document my perspective and a little more info on how things went for Audrey's birth yesterday. I was scheduled for a c-section at noon yesterday, so we arrived at the hospital at 10. They hooked me up to the monitors, and we quickly discovered that I was having pretty regular contractions. On Monday I had made zero progress towards labor, so it was decided that a repeat c-section was the way to go this time. Given the change in progress, we waited a little while to see how labor progressed. When the doctor arrived to check me we discussed our options and opted to go ahead with the c-section and finally meet our little girl.

At noon they wheeled me to the operating room where I was given my spinal block/epidural. Then Ross was allowed to join me in the room, and the surgery began. Audrey McKenzie Taylor was born at 12:31 PM, and baby and Dad were whisked away to the nursery while the doctor and nurses wrapped up the surgery.

Just after they wrapped everything up and my doctor headed out, I started feeling awful. I was very nauseous and sick feeling in general. I could tell my awesome nurse was concerned about something too by the way she was looking at another nurse that had assisted in the surgery. She very quickly called for my doctor to come back, and in the mean time I was given some medicine to help counter my low blood pressure. They decided to wheel me back to my room and monitor me for a little while. I was covered with a "bear hugger" to try to bring up my body temperature, and they checked and rechecked my blood pressure, temp, etc. while they also kept pushing on my belly. Ross was back in the room when I arrived, which was a huge comfort to me.

After about 20 minutes or so they decided they should open me back up just to be sure nothing was wrong. I was quickly wheeled back to the operating room and everything was re-prepped. It felt like I was in there for an eternity. At this point I didn't know what they had discovered, but I heard my doctor request another well known specialist doctor to come assist him, which was when I got a little nervous...I trust my doctor completely, so I wasn't worried until he sounded worried. That doctor didn't end up making it before they got everything taken care of and were able to explain what happened. Apparently an artery in my uterus had separated and ruptured in an unexpected area. My doctor was able to repair everything and remove the lost blood. They determined I'd lost 3 liters of blood during the course of the procedures and requested 2 liters of blood be transfused to me.

When I returned to the room they continued to work on bringing up my body temp and ensuring there was no more internal bleeding. I was shaking uncontrollably, which many people who've had babies know is part of the process of recovering. It wasn't until I finally got to hold Audrey that my body calmed down...that was a pretty neat feeling.

I have been recovering quickly and pretty well. I was allowed to eat solid foods late yesterday evening and was up and walking around this morning. My epidural is expected to come out tomorrow, and we are supposed to go home on Saturday.

Jackson came to visit yesterday and today, and he is SO sweet with Audrey. He gives her the most gentle hugs and kisses and seems genuinely excited about the baby. When I was pregnant and you asked Jackson where baby Audrey was, he would point to my belly and give it a kiss. Yesterday we asked him where baby Audrey was, and he walked over to her, pointed, and gave her a kiss...too sweet! Today Jackson held her for the first time, and this is what he did...

All of the grandparents have been here to meet Audrey and help take care of JD while we are at the hospital. Jackson is really enjoying the time with them.

Labels: , ,


Anonymous Melanie said...

Such a beautiful family! It is amazing what your new baby will do to help your body recover quickly. I am so glad that you finally got to meet Audrey and she is beautiful. I bet Jackson will be the best big brother...Love you!

March 11, 2010 10:58 PM  
Blogger brad, kammy, and mason said...

I'm so glad the nurses were attentive to what you are feeling and took a second look. Obviously there was more than one miracle in the operating room that day! Take care and love on beautiful Audrey! Jackson is such a doting big brother!

March 12, 2010 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Hide Comments

First Night

We have made it through the first night. Mom and baby are both doing well. Audrey has nursed pretty well and E has been able to eat a bit and is looking forward to breakfast. I've updated the ticker at the top for Audrey on the main blog page now that we finally get to count up! I'll try to get some more pictures today.

Labels: ,


Blogger Heather said...

I can't even express how very happy I am for you guys!
Love you crazy!!

March 11, 2010 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Hide Comments